xmodel, xanim export and bin files directly from Maya (2013+).
Download the latest CODTools for your Maya version and arch, and save it in the following directory depending on your OS and Maya version:
- 32bit Windows: C:\Program Files(x86)\AutoDesk\Maya-ver\bin\plug-ins\
- 64bit Windows: C:\Program Files\AutoDesk\Maya-ver\bin\plug-ins\
Next, you must open the plugin manager using
Window->Settings/Preferences->Plugin Manager once there find
CODTools.nll.dll and check off the following:
- Loaded (Loads the plugin)
- Auto load (Loads the plugin every launch)
Replace the files in the correct directory from the installation section with the new ones (While Maya is closed). Then simply relaunch Maya.
- To export a model quickly, either select what you would like to export, or, select nothing and it will export everything. Use the
CODTools->Export XModel command to save the file.
- To export a !!Siege Model!! use
File->Export All then check off the siege model export setting before saving.
- To export a model with !!Cosmetic Bones!!, use
File->Export All then enter in the tag name of the cosmetic root bone.
- To export an animation quickly, set the scene time, then select the bones to export, or select nothing to export all. Use the
CODTools->Export XAnim command to save the file.
- To export a !!Siege Anim!! use
File->Export All then select the
CoD SIEGE_ANIM_SOURCE type before saving.
- By default, SEAnim notetracks will be added to the anim, you can turn this off via
File->Export All configuration.
- Fixed XAnim notetracks with weird strings
- Default XAnim version lower for backwards compatibility…
- Fixed issue with skin binds in other Maya versions.
- Automatic quad to tris conversion
- Fixed duplicate mesh writing
- Fixed XAnim last frame
- Fixed material mapping on some models